Lemon Butter Garlic Scallops
Talk about “See Food”… Did you know that scallops have up to 200 eyes embedded at the base of the sensory tentacles that run along the outer edges of their upper and lower shells?
A lot of people shy away from cooking scallops. But in fact, scallops are actually one of the easiest (and quickest) meals to whip up. The key is to not over cook the deliciously briny bites. So give this lemon butter scallops recipe a try and you’ll find that all you need is 5 ingredients and 10 minutes for the most amazing, buttery seared scallops ever!
Yes, it’s just that easy and simple!
P.S: You’ll want to have your side dishes ready to go since these seared scallops will be ready in just 10 minutes, from start to finish!
try this: fresh peach basil and burrata salad
1 TBSP butter
1 LB scallops
FOR THE LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
2 TBSP butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
salt and black pepper to taste
WHITE WINE CHARDONNAY, IF DESIRED
2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Rinse scallops with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Season scallops with garlic salt, Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, add scallops to the skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and translucent in the center, about 2-3 minutes per side. (Set aside and keep warm.)
- To make the lemon butter sauce, melt 2 tbsp butter in the skillet.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice slowly.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Once the scallops are ready, add them to the lemon butter and garlic sauce and baste them repeatedly covering each scallop with as much sauce as you can.
- Serve these garlicky lemon butter scallops immediately, garnished with parsley and lemon zest, if desired.
Jam Cellars Butter Chardonnay
Aromas of apple pie and a rich creaminess that surrounds you at each sip. Aged in oak, this wine sees brightness, complexity and depth in the creaminess. Available online.
Kaldzar is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.