MIxed Greens, Mixed Set, and Mixed Topics
Many times when hangin’ out with friends, I find it nice to just relax with fun and innovative music, enjoy a light and fresh snack, and engage in interesting discussions – such as crypto news, what’s on Netflix, and other hot topics.
Music On My Teeth at Chiringuito Hotel – Tulum, Mexico
In recent years, Tulum has become the meeting point for a wide variety of global musical events. It is a trend that this space is willing to maintain as a tradition at the beginning of every new year. That’s why we were there last week and recorded out latest MOMT session with Argentina-born, Tulum-based DJ ~ Danparo.
The original name of Tulum was “Zama”, which means sunrise in ancient Mayan.
Bon Appétit Salad
Eating a salad a day will increase the level of powerful antioxidants in your blood. The basis of any garden salad, leafy greens, offer a huge nutritional benefit and are loaded with vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium, folate, fiber, and phytonutrients. Something your friends will surely appreciate.
Mixed Baby Lettuce
Apple Cider Vinegar
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Lay a plush bed of fresh, leafy mixed greens in a large serving bowl.
- Slice or dice cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, red onion and leeks (just the lower, white portion) – about 1/2 to 1/4 cup each – into bite-size pieces of your liking. Add to the bowl.
- Add a handful of sprouted greens (like alfalfa, clover, radish, or broccoli sprouts).
- Next add 1/4 cup of fresh peeled and chopped ginger, and a finely sliced green onion or two.
- Add a sliced apple for sweetness, and a 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds for extra zing and crunch.
- Mix up a vinaigrette of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and dijon mustard (about 2 tbsp each), and a pinch each of fresh black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, give the whole thing a good mix, and serve fresh.
“Lettuce is the second most popular fresh veggie in the US, behind only the potato!“
Topics of Conversation
I can’t think of many things that are more important to any relationship than conversation. The ability to communicate allows us to understand each other and deepen our connections. It is human nature to want to express ourselves and to be heard. And it is always intriguing to hear another persons insights and opinions. Just remember: we don’t have to agree in order to be friends. In fact, varying angles are what make the world interesting. How boring it would be if we all thought exactly the same way. So open up, share your thoughts, and respectfully listen to all sides of the conversation.
Speaking of the super-rich, what do you think will happen with Amazon now that Bezos is stepping aside?
Honestly, I have no idea. But I’ve got to give it to him: he’s stepping away on top, just like Michael Jordan in Netflix’s “The Last Dance.” Props!
“Amazon.com was almost called ‘Cadabra’ as in “Abracadabra”“
Although we may be social distancing, that doesn’t mean we can’t make the best of our time indoors. Every night should be a memorable night! So shake up some smiles with those close to you.
Let us know your favorite way to hang out! We’d love to hear and share all the fun ways to stay connected with friends and family. Drop a note in comments below, or email us at email@example.com.