Eggs On A Cloud
A nice fluffy way to start your day!
Today I share a fun egg recipe along with some delicious side dishes. Let’s whip up some “Eggs on a Cloud” and get this breakfast (or brunch) party started!
Ingredients (for one serving)
1 Sweet Potato (eat just half of it, though!)
1 Green Onion
Imitation Crab Meat
1 Tsp Maille Mustard
Salt & Pepper
Start with the Sides
- Fill a medium pot with water. Start heating it to boil.
- Cut end off the sweet potato, and give it a few pokes with a fork. Add to the boiling water on high heat. While the sweet potato is boiling…
- Dice up the avocado and crab meat, and add both to a mixing bowl.
- Then add 1 tbsp of olive oil, chopped parsley, lemon, a dash of salt, and 1 tsp Maille mustard. Mix it all together.
- (*watch how I squeeze the lemon*)
Now the Eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F
- In a bowl, crack an egg and separate the yolk from the egg white.
- (*another cool trick to look out for!*)
- Set yolk aside.
- Add a pinch of salt and whisk egg whites on high until they are foamy and form sharp peaks.
- Next, add black pepper and chives and gently mix together.
- Cover an oven-safe pan or baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with some zero calorie olive oil.
- Spoon the mixed egg white onto the parchment paper and make a little cup in the middle. Add the egg yolk.
- Place the pan in the oven until whites are golden but yolk is still slightly runny, ~approximately 15 mins.
- The sweet potato should be ready by now! Test by poking with a fork, which should penetrate easily..
- Remove the sweet potato from the water and place it on a paper towel to dry and cool a bit.
- Cut the sweet potato in half length-wise. Use a fork to gently break up the potato so the lemon juice can get absorbed… Top with chopped green onion and lemon.
- Remove your eggs on a cloud from the oven and plate along with the crab mixture and sweet potato.
Kaldzar is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.