A nice fluffy way to start your day!
Today I share a fun egg recipe along with some delicious side dishes. Let’s whip up some “Eggs on a Cloud” and get this breakfast (or brunch) party started!
Ingredients (for one serving)
1 Sweet Potato (eat just half of it, though!)
1 Green Onion
Imitation Crab Meat
1 Tsp Maille Mustard
Salt & Pepper
Start with the Sides
- Fill a medium pot with water. Start heating it to boil.
- Cut end off the sweet potato, and give it a few pokes with a fork. Add to the boiling water on high heat. While the sweet potato is boiling…
- Dice up the avocado and crab meat, and add both to a mixing bowl.
- Then add 1 tbsp of olive oil, chopped parsley, lemon, a dash of salt, and 1 tsp Maille mustard. Mix it all together.
- (*watch how I squeeze the lemon*)
Now the Eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F
- In a bowl, crack an egg and separate the yolk from the egg white.
- (*another cool trick to look out for!*)
- Set yolk aside.
- Add a pinch of salt and whisk egg whites on high until they are foamy and form sharp peaks.
- Next, add black pepper and chives and gently mix together.
- Cover an oven-safe pan or baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with some zero calorie olive oil.
- Spoon the mixed egg white onto the parchment paper and make a little cup in the middle. Add the egg yolk.
- Place the pan in the oven until whites are golden but yolk is still slightly runny, ~approximately 15 mins.
- The sweet potato should be ready by now! Test by poking with a fork, which should penetrate easily..
- Remove the sweet potato from the water and place it on a paper towel to dry and cool a bit.
- Cut the sweet potato in half length-wise. Use a fork to gently break up the potato so the lemon juice can get absorbed… Top with chopped green onion and lemon.
- Remove your eggs on a cloud from the oven and plate along with the crab mixture and sweet potato.