These coconut butter cups hit the spot! They are so yummy, and nutrient dense! Peeeerf!
Who can resist the goodness of chocolate and coconut?! These cups are perfect for when you need a quick energy boost or are simply craving a sweet pick-me-up. And they are so easy to make, you have no excuse…
1 bar of 85% dark chocolate
1 Tbsp of Coconut oil
Coconut butter (or Almond butter)
1 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- Melt the chocolate bar* with the coconut oil. (*You can substitute with high-quality dark chocolate chips if you can find them)
- Scoop half the melted chocolate into paper muffin cups (about 3/4 Tbsp per cup), and place these in the fridge.
- While that chocolate hardens, mix coconut butter or almond butter with a bit of maple syrup.
- Top the refrigerated chocolate with the butter mixture (again about 3/4 Tbsp each), and then top each with another layer of the remaining melted chocolate.
- Put these chocolate coconut treats back in the fridge until they harden.