What do you do when your bananas get too ripe?
You make banana egg pancakes, of course! I love bananas, but not when they start turning brown. Luckily, I have a simple recipe to salvage those too-ripe bunches. So let’s whip up some banana-egg pancakes!
2 medium ripe bananas
2 tsp baking powder (not necessary, but helps them rise)
1 tsp vanilla extract (or sub another extract, or citrus zest of choice)
2 large eggs (preferably free-range & organic)
4-6 tbsp coconut flour
Coconut oil for cooking
Bonus: You can always add in a scoop of Protein or Collagen Powder for those extra benefits!
Cooking up the banana egg pancakes is easy, too!
- Mash the bananas in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add coconut flour, vanilla extract (or flavoring of choice), and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the baking powder.
- Heat your medium pan or griddle on medium heat, and add a bit of coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the banana-egg batter per pancake. Brown on both sides, and serve hot.
*I garnish my mine with shredded dried coconut, blueberries, a touch of agave nectar (or honey), and cinnamon. Yum!!